Tis’ the season to start shopping and at the same time support a local business.
So, why shop local? Not only are you keeping more money in your community, you’re helping create more local jobs, nurturing a sense of community; but the very best reason, an actual person is literally doing the happy dance when you buy from them.
Did you know… local businesses generate 70% more local activity per square foot than big box retail stores.
I’ve made a list of my favorites, but there is always room for more. If you have a favorite local business, we’d love to add them to the list. Simply use the contact form below.
Here area few of my faves by shopping district:
- Paper Goat Post– Paper goods and gifts
- YAY! Tiny Shop – Trendy and miscellaneous gift shop
- Lure Designs – Paper goods
- Echoes of Retro – Unique boutique featuring vintage furniture & fashion
- Eyre Home – Gifts, home goods, furniture, and barware
- Oh Eco – community-based sustainable store: Laundry detergent, soaps, candles, and so much more!
- Maffrey’s – thoughtful gifts, accessories and apparel with a good story.
- Naked Bar Soap Co. – Natural beauty shop, all handmade by the owners
- The Good Crowd– Gift and Accessory shop with local makers and curated items
- Apenberry’s – Local plant nursery
- Form Function Form – Handmade leather goods
- Bijou’s Boutique– Upscale women’s clothing and accessories
- Yaya and Lou – Children’s boutique and gifts
- Primrose Shop Unique gifts, jewelry, apparel, home decor, and more
- Orlando Outfitters Full service fly fishing store
- R. Nichols Handmade cards and gifts
- Free Hand Goods – Handmade Leather products, t’shirts, glassware and more!
- Dochi – Japanese mochi donuts
- Lobos Coffee – Coffee
- Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream – Ice Cream, Milkshakes, and Ice Cream Cakes
- Track Shack – Running and accessory shop
- The Monogram Merchant – Personalized Gifts
- The Salt Room – Natural benefits of salt treatment
- The House on Lang -Local artwork, jewelry, gifts, home goods and clothing
- Sunny State -Trendy clothing boutique
- Gold Dust Home – Design focused home decor, gifting, and entertaining shop
- Monkees Women’s clothing and accessories
- The Grove Florida’s apparel and unique gift boutique
- The Tiny Orchid Unique orchid and arrangements
- Lauren Sigman Collection Unique jewelry and custom pieces
- Through the Looking Glass Fashion Jewelry, Luxury for Less
- The Partridge Tree Home and Kitchen Decor
- The Ancient Olive Premium extra virgin olive oils, aged balsamic vinegar, and culinary gifts
- Ten Thousand Villages Fair-trade handmade gifts
- Tugboat & the Bird Unique and timeless classic children’s apparel, shoes, toys, and gifts
- Peterbrooke Chocolatier – chocolate shop
- Orange Tree Antiques– local antique mall
- Rifle Paper Co. Stationary, gifts, and home decor
- GASP curated collection of gifts, home decor, accessories, and more!